Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
15-db0093wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i tried to update my video drivers after going to device manager and seeing that my amd video card wasnt there instead there was a generic microsoft display adapter and i tried to install some amd video drivers and it gave me a error saying unknown amd hardware

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does not support W8.1.

AMD did not ever create any W8.1 drivers for the AMD Radeon™ R3 Graphics adapter.

The only drivers available for the graphics are for W7 and W10.

7th Gen A4-9120 APU Drivers & Support | AMD

If you want the notebook to run correctly, I recommend you reinstall the operating system it came with...Windows 10.

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool and a 32 GB USB flash drive to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

If you have to use the utility on another PC, so you will need to enter your notebook's product number in the tool's search window in order to proceed to make the recovery media.

Your PC's product number is:  7JP09UA#ABA

HP Recommended

windows 10 on my notebook is really laggy for example it takes like 10 seconds just open one program and windows 8.1 fixed the issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.