Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi @MeganLCPA,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are looking for a Active stylus or pen for your HP Spectre notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

Could you provide me with the exact model number of the PC? Use this link to find it: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

In the meantime, please go through this link: HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

Please respond to this post with the details of the product so that I can check if your PC is compatible with Active stylus/Pen and provide you with the accurate steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello --

My model number is: 13-w023dx

I was told by the laptop technical support for the Specture x360 that my model didn't have any HP pens that would work.

Megan

HP Recommended

Hi @MeganLCPA,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As you suggested, I did go through the Maintenance and Service guide for your PC and did not find any information about the support for Active stylus, . Here's a the link: HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

That said, you can always get a passive stylus as it works on any touchscreen device regardless of its brand or model,

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0XX

... exactly as the name of the tread...

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet_singh!

There's no pen (active or passive) who works works with HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0XX.

I've already bought dozens of pens from all brands but no one works on this computer. Did you try a pen (active or passive) that works? Are you sure? Could you tell me what pen is this?

HP Recommended

Yes, I used a traditional stylus and it's very jumpy too. I'm super discouraged. 😞 Any advice would be great. I hate seeing commercials for the same laptop with a stylus that works. I bought mine in Jan 2017.

HP Recommended

Hi @Dbmassi, @MeganLCPA,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have already tried different stylus and still having the issue. I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer but i have already contacted the HP support both in Italy and Switzerland and the answer of both was that they don't know any pen compatible with my PC. Swiss support also said that HP had a lot of confusion with these pens and they did not even understand anything about it!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do keep checking the compatibility chart for updates on which pen will be compatible with your computer. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,  after 8 mounth that I check upgrade, there's no pen compatible with Spectre x360 13-w0xx in the compatibility chart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.