Post new question
Question

PJC Tutor
Tutor
Message 1 of 6 (161 Views)

active pen does not work

Product Name: hp envy x 360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

just got my new hp envy x360 and hp active pen834590-001 which was listed as an accessory.

put the battery in the pen but it doesn't draw on the screen.

What do I have to do?

pjco144

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (131 Views)

Re: active pen does not work

Hi @PJC,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the stylus is not working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2zmYEFh

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

PJC Tutor
Tutor
Message 3 of 6 (86 Views)

your link came back bad request 400.

can you help me?

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (70 Views)

Hi @PJC,

I recommend you try the link again as I am able to open the same link.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

PJC Tutor
Tutor
Message 5 of 6 (58 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yesterday I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with-- support -- Teck support--sales to find out that this pen is not compatable with my new laptop. What a supprise! Seeing that this particular pen was listed on the web site with this particular computer as an accessory.  I guess that I just assumed that this meant that they should be compatable.  "Teck support" eventually said that none of the HP pens were compatable with this Laptop.  Transferred to sales "Harry" found a pen which he says is compatable.  So I had to buy another pen and send the original back for a refund.  I have yet to receive the new pen to see if it really works.  Yes I am dissappointed. I am a long time customer. I didn't need a new laptop but wanted to utilize the "pen" into enhance my presentations this purchase has been a headache.

I had expected better.  If your sales Dept made a mistake on the web page then they should have "owned up" and sent me a compatable pen free.  Just the time I spent on this problem cost me  more than the laptop was worth and I'm not sure that the new pen will work.  

Your company needs work on customer relations.

I own many HP products and have advised friends and co-workers as to reliability and  functionality of HP products. HP could have done better.

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (51 Views)

Hi @PJC,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation