cancel
roberrac Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

active stylus for spectre x360 convertible?

spectre x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I looked through the help pages for different styluses and the help page to choose one but I didn't find any information on whether or not my laptop is able to use an active stylus or not.  Could someone help me so I don't go and waste money on a product that I can't use?

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
13,519 12,928 1,691 4,390
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

This is the only HP help document I'm aware of:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05166879

See if your specific model is listed in it for compatibility.

If it's not, we can only wait till HP updates that document.

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
roberrac Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That is the same one I found.  I didn't find it on the list yet, but i'm trying to find a  model number or something else I can compare with the x360 xxxxx parts to see if they call it something else.  Thanks for the help.

Wanted to share that I went to contact support and there was an option to have a webtool tell me what hp products I had.  I discovered my hp spectre x360 convertible is:

HP Spectre x360 - 15-ap012dx (ENERGY STAR)

I don't know if all x360 convertibles are the same or not, but I was able to locate this on the chart.  Hope this helps other people out there too.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
13,519 12,928 1,691 4,390
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, you need to search the part that is compatible to your specific model series name.

And good news is your model series have a compatible stylus listed in that document:
For Spectre x360 15-ap0xx :

HP Active Pen (Synaptics)
J4R51AA#ABL (CAN/ENG)
J4R51AA#UUF (APJ)

SPS: 773175-001

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation