Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Notebook 2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

First there was an horizontal thin green line and now a thin red line with a space in the middle of the screen.  today is the first day it happened.  Some research suggests its a driver issue, but which one?  I booted in BIS and the green line was still there.

I deleted some unnecessary stuff and the line turns to red now, with a little space in the middle.  What is going on and how to get rid of it? My HP Notebook was purchased in April of 2017.

Cheetah66

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cheetah66,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As you have mentioned in your post that these lines are visible even on the Bios, this clearly indicates a possible hardware failure with the notebook.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.