Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillion notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my  non touch LCD screen is cracked .

I have a spare  HP LCD screen from another HP notebook .

are the 30 pin connectors compatible.

i.e. are they wired the same on all HP notebooks.

One is 15" other 14" 

thanx

tune
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@APJones55
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the 14" laptop is a 14-bs057sa

the screen from the 15" HP laptop is B156XW02   H/W:0B F/W:1with 30 pin connector laptop side  R36LC030    DDORR36LC030

It will be a temporary set up until I get a replacement screen. but will be usefull information for in the future

thanks

tune
HP Recommended

@APJones55
Thank you for posting back. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ECHO LAKE an HP employee - I cannot see any reply.

You asked for part numbers I provided them , then you ask if I am happy with the result.

PLEASE answer my question. ......Are all 30pin LCD screen connectors wired the same, i.e to the same pins ?

In other simpler words. Are all 30 pin LCD screen connectors compatible ? Are they all wired to same industry standard?

Thanks 

tune
HP Recommended

@APJones55,

Not all the HP 30 pins connectors are the same. It depends on the model and makes of the display.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why can't anybody answer my original quesetion ?

The two screens have physically identical 30 pin connectors.

The two sides of the connector will fit together.

I have provided the part numbers, are the connectors compatible ?

i.e. Are the pins wired to an industry standard and are the same?

If I connect the 15" LCD screen onto my 14" Laptop will it work ok ?

Or will there be a thermo-nuclear explosion or similar.

tune
HP Recommended

@APJones55

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, you can try it on your own discretion and find out as this configuration is not tested by HP. 

Keep me posted! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.