Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

atikmpag.sys Video Tdr Failure and other Bluescreen

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion G4
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i was playing dota like i usually do(been 2 years now with this laptop) and the lasttime its crashed and turned off the screen of my laptop, and then i press the power button to restart it, when it starting up, its comes up into a bluescreen(before login to my windows acc) says VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) sometimes the error is  PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, sometimes BAD_POOL_HEADER and sometimes also MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

and i restart again and still get the same error, i tried to google it out, and they said that i need to renistall the display driver and update it to the last version. i did everythings start from refreshing my pc, resetting it, restore from backup points, last known good configuration, safemode antivirus full scan, and whenever i use 2 driver at once the bluescreen always happen intelhd4000+radeonHD7600

but when i unistall 1 of them, the graphics just fine, i tried everythings everyway that comes up @google

im so frustated..... i had 6 gb total available graphics memory before this probhappen

now with only intel hd 4000 i only have 1.7gb.

Product: HP pavilion g4 Notebook

P/N: D5G16PA#AB5

i did try renistall Video driver/Renistall Windows etc but none of those seems to be working.

update:

i brought my laptop to be fix into 2 different computer/laptop shop

1st shop told me that i have broken hardware and tell me to replace the hardware : the Vga card chipset but this shop cant cause they dont have the tools.

2nd shop told me that i have broken hardware and tell me there is no other way to fix this, because replacing the vga chipset on laptop isnt possible at all, and tell me that i should run this laptop without any vga installed which only have 258 video memory by using microsoft basic video adapter adapter. (this shop is the same shop where i bought this laptop)

note: BOTH shop ARE NOT official hp store. they are more like retail store.

so i need answer here.. "if my hardware ( vga chipset) is broken, can i replace it with "identical" vga chipset?

if i can how do i do that? and if i have to go to the store where is the location of hp official storein here

my country is INDONESIA, WEST JAVA province, BOGOR city.

thanks in advance.

sincerely, 

customer.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

and after this problem occured my laptop is always runnin hot even when its idle 

https://gyazo.com/77434e9bc5cceed538baadc8aa6fb263

(with only intel hd 4k installed without the radeon7600m)

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation