Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp spectre x2 detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i bought the laptop and the pen  while back and the laptop didnt even recognize the pen , it didnt do a single action to the screen , the touch functions works fine , replaced the batteried with a brand new one , didnt make any diffrence, i brought the pen and laptop from the US , and i live in the middle east , so i cant return the pen to the dealler , please replay if you had this issue .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Karim12314,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the battery draining while shutdown and stylus not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the battery drivers?

Did you try to update the Bios and display drivers?

First off, please try a few steps to enhance battery life.

• Make sure that the Windows 10 power plan is set to Balanced  Performance to conserve battery power
  • Consider which programs you are running; some programs, like graphics-intensive games, will deplete the battery faster
  • Reduce the screen brightness to conserve battery power
  • Remove peripherals like external hard drives from the notebook while they are not is use.
  • Then please update the bios, chipset and graphics drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers  Please select the country and type the product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

• Please follow the steps to uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control from Device manager: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

• Please calibrate and test the battery from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640
  • Please manage and configure the windows 10 power plan from the same link.
  • Please follow all the steps in the link.
  • Please run battery diagnostics also from the same link to check if the battery is healthy.

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Karim12314,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the battery draining while shutdown and stylus not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

• Make sure that the Windows 10 power plan is set to Balanced  Performance to conserve battery power
  • Consider which programs you are running; some programs, like graphics-intensive games, will deplete the battery faster
  • Remove peripherals like external hard drives from the notebook while they are not is use.
  • Then please update the bios, chipset and graphics drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers  Please select the country and type the product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

• Please follow the steps to uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control from Device manager: 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

• Please calibrate and test the battery from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640
  • Please run battery diagnostics also from the same link to check if the battery is healthy.

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for replying ,

i have read the email and i am following the instructions .

my laptop is HP spectre x2 -12-a009nr .

please note , the laptop battery is fine , i dont have any problem with the battery cappacity , i did the battery test before posting this Post, the problem i have is that if i charge the laptop to a 100% and shut it down next day it drains to a 0% , i cant even power up without charger (i have disabled fast boot option ).

and for the drivers i have already downloaded all the drivers and installed succsusfuly execpt for the bios , my bios version is 2.4, and the downloaded version avaliable on hp website is 3.1 , i have download the driver several times and couldnt install it , the upgrade box is unaccesable , the other 2 options are avaliable , tried to install bios from usb via bootup , but failed , said that the file was not compataible , for the remaining of your replay , i have the the last option to try , but i doubt that if i leave the laptop to a 15% , it wont start after 30 minutes( i can plug the battery after 30 minutes of waiting ).

and can i download any bios version rather than 3.1.

thanks for your replay.

@Jeet_singh wrote:

@Karim12314,

Good Luck.

HP Recommended

so an update on the laptop status , it did install the bios from the hp support site , version 3.1 couldnt install, so i insalled the 2.9 version yesterday and the laptop is working fine today , thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@Karim12314

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Jeet_singh, as the tech is out for the day, that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

I'm glad the BIOS updated suggested by the last tech resolved the issue,

If you have any other issues, please feel free to get back to us anytime for further assistance.

I hope that answers your query,

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.