11-26-2017 05:19 PM
My computer was working one minute and the next time I went to get on it, it started but the caps lock light was flashing and the screen remained black. I began pushing a series of different keys and the screen came on and it worked fine. Then 2 days later it did the same thing only this time I don't remember which keys I pushed.
11-28-2017 07:34 AM
Hey There! @dreamgirl1574, Welcome to HP forums!
I understand you have issues booting into your PC and the light on the caps lock is blinking.
Don't worry I'd like to help you out.
Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?
How many times does the light on caps lock blinking?
Are you able to boot into BIOS?
Try the steps recommended below.
Try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.
1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are working fine.
Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.
Refer this article to know more information about recovering the BIOS.
Also, refer this article to know more information about blinking lights on your PC.
If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.
Let me know how it goes!
Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!
I am an HP Employee