Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bug inside my laptop display

hp pavilion ak007tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

a bug is stuck on my laptop screen , will guys at the hp service center be able to remove it from my display ?

its like stuck there , do any of you guys have a  solution to remove the bug from my screen please help , i just bought my laptop a few weeks back

4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
3798 3736 201 433
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Kakkaakk,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with an insect on the screen. I will be glad to help you.

Any bug is considered a bio hazard, as bugs leave eggs that hatch and can spead to other devices. So the HP repair center will not repair devices with bugs and will return the device to the customer right away.

Is the insect on the outside or the inside of the screen?

If on the outside, just clean the screen.

If on the inside, here is the Maintenance and Service Guide.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Kakkaakk Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

will HP support bangalore be able to help clean my display if i pay the expenses and not under warranty i will pay for the removal of  the bug which is dead inside my screen ,can anybody please say whether hp support would do this cleaning?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 3736 201 433
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Kakkaakk,

Again HP will not touch any device with bugs.

The cost for the exterminator for the repair center is more then the cost of a new computer.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Kakkaakk Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The bug is dead hw can it reproduce? Its already dead? Please help me its a new laptop?
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation