Did you mean: 
JodyZihua
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

camera becomes streaky with purple tint

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The camera has failed twice in the last two weeks. The first time a hard reset helped. Now it became streaky, shows only a small portion of the picture, and in purple tinted.

2 REPLIES 2
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,958 9,854 796 3,831
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @JodyZihua 

Welcome !

It would be very hard to provide support without details and specifications of your problem it. What is your HP device model, product number ? You can find this here >> https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c03754824

Any change that you performed recently, any updates ?

Please, review this article and follow the general steps (drivers update, BIOS update, etc) :

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/My-WebCam-does-not-seem-to-work-What-can-I-do...

Let me know how it goes

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
JodyZihua
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No recent updates.

This happened once and I did a hard reset and it resolved temporarily.

The purple streaks/loss of camera happened again and I reinstalled the driver. It resolved temporarily.

It recurred again.

Please give specific instructions to fix this. Do not just refer me to a webpage.

Jody Collinge

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation