06-16-2019 05:11 AM
Thinking about buying the HP 17-AN120NR laptop. I need to know if there is a way to turn off the touchpad and just use a mouse.
06-18-2019 09:48 AM
Hey there! @Kenbruce8,
Try double tapping on the top left of the trackpad this should disable the touchpad. Just double tap at the same place to enable the touchpad.
Also, you can try the steps recommended below to disable the touchpad.
1.In the search box type mouse in the search field.
2.Select Mouse from the list of options.
3. Click the Device Settings tab.
4. From the Devices list, select Synaptics LuxPad V7.5, and then click Settings.
5.Double-click Tapping. The Tapping window displays.
6. Uncheck Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad.
7. Click Close, and then click OK.
8. In the Mouse Properties window, click Apply.
If the issue persists uninstall the touchpad drivers from the device manager to disable the touchpad.
Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee