Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp-qbw08
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a laptop with 4gb inbuilt ram upgraded to 12gb

amd a10 apu

amd r5 integrated gpu 

amd r7 m340 2gb graphics card

i cant get my laptop to use my dedicated graphics card to run games like nfs:payback. task manager shows i have only 512 mb of dedicated graphics.

i updated drivers with amd adrenalin 2020 and even reinstalled using DDU software and still the condition is same i cant get fps above 10

amd drivers anre ipto date and the amd crossfire is turned off as the game doesnt support it.game graphics reduced to bare minimum.

windows build 1903 

what should i do ? its like i have a sleeping graphics card in my laptop please help soon

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Darvish Greetings from the HP Community!

The dedicated/discrete GPU is system managed and cannot be changed or set as default manually, there are a few tweaks that could be made using the steps in this link: click here to explore, that said, if you've confirmed that one of the two GPU's isn't working, you may want to perform a hardware test to identify hardware malfunction and we could work on repairing or replacing the GPU that no longer works:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
    • If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.