Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Dv7 4101sl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

On the recent months i been having problems with my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, I got to upgrade to Windows 10 but couldn't made the drivers work so I got back to Windows 7 and then the graphics started to act weird. It will uninstall itself every time I close the laptop lid or turn the laptop off and on again but now I just cant get the laptop to recognize the graphics anymore.

Now when I try to install the drives it cant detect the graphics anymore and this is all it let me install but it doesnt work, it always end with error (images in spanish)

cap1.PNG

And on the device manager this is all i get, it should at least detect generic graphics but it only detects Intel(R) HD Graphics and nothing else (even when clicking on plug and play hardware search)

cap2.PNG

Even using AMD official Drive Detect software, it just says it cannot detect any.

Similar problem on this post but couldnt find the answer https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/dv6-3298-cannot-install-CCC-graphics-...

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@GuidoxBD

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install 

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry but it didn't work, i installed everything from windows update and even got to reflash the bios (because it was already updated to the last version)

HP Recommended

There should be drivers here.

HP Recommended

Same thing happens when i install the drivers

muestra.JPG

The main problem is my laptop refuse to detect the hardware so cant install the corresponding drivers. Dont know why this happened, maybe it is a Power Management issue because my laptop is always on battery mode (even when i use the charger is always on battery mode), but when the laptop detect the AMD GPU i get to install all the drivers and then the laptop finally detect the charger connected. Right now cant get the laptop to detect the hardware and dont know why this happened

HP Recommended

@GuidoxBD

Thank you for posting back.  

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows)You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Already done that with another hhd i have, starting new from this secondary hdd or even using this second hdd as a backup and formating the current hdd. Not working and the battery problem is still present (not displaying as charging but always on battery mode)

HP Recommended

@GuidoxBD

Thank you for posting back.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.