Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
onnimikki Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

elite x2 1012: "PC can't project to another screen"

Elite x2 1012
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was projecting my powerpoint slides to an external VGA projector when the projected image went dark.  I restarted Powerpoint and when I tried to connect to the projector I got the "Your PC can't project to another screen.  Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card."

How do I reinstall the graphics driver on the HP Elite X2 1012?

thanks,

James

1 REPLY
onnimikki Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

elite x2 1012: "PC can't project to another screen"

The problem has repeated itelf.  This time, I had a VGA monitor plugged into the wireless dock for the Elite X2 1012.  I was using the 2nd display as an extension of my main display.  I fired up Powerpoint, put it in presentation mode and then had it mirror the main screen on the secondary display.  I took out my HP Active pen to annotate on the Powerpoint slide and then the display driver failed, turning both screens black and then sending me to the windows login screen.

The Intel deivce driver (in device manager) is displaying an error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and now I'm having trouble reinstalling the driver because it thinks that it's up to date.

James

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation