Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 23 with beats audio

model 23-d034  Has a black screen even hard drive seems to spin up.  Solution provided by HP personnel in forum suggests  reloading bios.

Product number h3y87aa#aba

No files or drivers  are shown when you follow the instructions for finding the bios. Can you send me the bios? It is not available under the product page either.

Unfortunately we  may have to recommend against our customers purchasing HP products where drivers, utilities, or bios files may be needed in the future.

ROCK
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, before all BIOS operation I recommend to you execute an hardware test in your computer. For this, restart your computer by tapping F2 when it is been down for restart. You come in HP Hardware Diagnostic Interface and can execute all tests. If you have a fail please tell us. 

For more information about HP Hardware Diagnostics please see this: 
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply.

Its pretty difficult to run diagnostics when the  screen is nonresponsive though we did try when troubleshooting and again after we received your note. We also previously tried loading the bios with the hard drive, and draining the CMOS charge before installing a new battery. (We followed the HP troubleshooting steps with the exception of installing an unavailable bios file).

The black screen bios issue is a known problem with this series.  We would like to install a new bios file as that is also a recommended step. 

ROCK
HP Recommended

one additional bit of information the LEDs do not light on the monitor.   this was the case with a previous post where the BIOs was touted as the problem.

I was unable to add this to the previous post.

ROCK
HP Recommended

Hello, no the BIOS is not loaded from your hard disk, if you don't have tried to flash it previously.. The BIOS is on your motherboard. 

If your CMOS battery is suspect, your PC need works without CMOS battery. So you can unplug your PC and battery if you have, and remove the CMOS battery. Wait few times (1 hours is very good), replug your PC and power on it without CMOS battery.

For your monitor problem, do you want to say his backlighting is not working?? And with an external screen?? 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

according to hp instructions you can reload the bios from a secret partition on the hard drive if it is corrupt.  

Hold the windows and b keys down while turning it on is supposed to bring up the bios reinstall.  If this does not work, their instructions are to load it from a flash drive. Of course the file is not available!

I replaced the cmos battery.  next step was to reset the CMOS.  This was after checking to see the mem was properly seated.

I'm wondering if the board that powers the screen is the root,   but without being able to confirm the bios issue I am hesitant to try that.   The part number is so small I cant read it at all as well.

I should note here, there are no external monitor ports.

ROCK
HP Recommended

You can try to create an USB recovery key for your BIOS with your last BIOS here: Download

When the media is created, you just need to power off your PC, insert this key and power on your PC. It need to detect the key and restore the BIOS.

HP Recommended

How did you find this file?

Did you mean this is the latest bios for that MB?

ROCK
HP Recommended

Hello, the file is just here: Download

I have your product number P/N in your first message so I just have check on your product page for find this file, the last BIOS for your PC:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-23-d000-touchsmart-all-in-one-desktop-pc-se...

HP Recommended

what you've said is correct as far as it goes However,  doing a search via mb or product doesnt turn up any files. 

In this  case I discovered you have to chose a different OS even though the bios is OS independent.  Then you must follow the bootable USB drive directions for installing the bios.   

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

But they don't work with this file which according to the instructions found when running the file must be run from the desktop of the system in question.  Nice!

ROCK
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.