cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Del365
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

envy second monitor not available usb-c

HP Recommended
My device
HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba1000 (1F4D9AV)
Product number 2J6K3EA#ABU
Just had this arrive and having tried to get a second screen up and running. I'm losing the will to live.
I've got an lg monitor, which is brand new, that works fine with wife's dell usbc and also the hp supplied usbc to hdmi, just plugs and plays.
Now Ive connected this both ways on the HP and getting nothing just a message of usb device not recognised, bearing in mind it was supplied with laptop and also a message display connection might be limited. I get the usb not recognised if i plug the adapter in on its own with no lead attached. Any help greatfully received
Any ideas you good ppl Im thinking its a driver issue but worst case its the port just got nothing else to try in it. many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,842 65,555 12,549 21,631
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Del365 

Your machine is an HP Envy 13-ba0013na, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06440200

Do you have a monitor with USB-C connection ?  You can use it to connect to  the USB-C port and you will get  DisplayPort™ 1.2 result. USB-C port on your machine does not have same specs of USB-C port on your wife's machine.  

Checking the manual page 6. As mentioned above the USB-C port on your machine can

Connects a display device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing DisplayPort™ output.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Del365
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cheers for the reply 

yes the monitor is a brand new lg 27ul850w i can connect directly with a usbc lead  or using the supplied with hp usbc to hdmi adapter and have absolutely no joy. the laptop charges via the lead but im getting a usb not recognised and a a display might be limited message.

i can plug the dell in either way and both work superbly so it suggests the adapter is fine and leads are fine 

so either its a driver issue, a bad port or the usb c dont like video but then there is an adapter supplied, this is where the notrecognised message makes me think there is a support issue. has the adapter been supplied in error and it wont support a second monitor. ive also got a usbc to vga that works in the dell. the screen has an option for 1.1/1.2/1.4 so really at a loss at it defo seems to point at a laptop issue, but not sure what to do next. also i notice that highlighted manual says display port so are we saying the hdmi adapter has to have a lead that goes hdmi to display port rather than hdmi to hdmi as thats just nuts

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation