timothyms Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

envy x360 won't display anything

Envy x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new Envy x360 that I've had about a week. The power will turn on but there is no display, no HDD activity and lights on the cap locks and mute will not turn on. I've tried a hard reboot, held the power button down for up to 30 seconds to shut it off. I've connected it to an external monitor via the hdmi port, and i've disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes, connected AC power. Still not display, no bios post and no HDD activity light.

At this point I'm guessing the motherboard failed. Are there any other troubleshooting suggestions or should I return it to the store I got it at (Costco) for a replacement?

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
5851 346 624
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

envy x360 won't display anything

Hello @timothyms,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having an issue with the notebook starting and wanted to assist you!  I see that you tried a lot of the troubleshooting steps already, without success.

Based on the information that you provided, the issue may be hardware related.  However, you can try reviewing the following document, just to see if there is anything that you may have missed: HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo...

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation