Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-p390nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thinking about switching brands to Dell if I can't get this issue resolved. Last 3 HP computers have been working fine, and then suddenly driver issues emerge which are consistently unable to be solved or corrected which have rendered the laptops to be useless

After a recent update windows stopped recognizing my Acer monitor (monitor was confirmed to work with another laptop). I'ved searched the threads and tried numerous solutions:

- Installing all updates, multiple times

- Checking for updated drivers and installed multiple times

- Under device manager, for both Display adapters and monitors

- Manually updated drivers unsuccessfully (latest currently installed)

- Disabled and enabled drivers

- Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers

- Attempted to manually download latest drivers from AMD website (Windows could not complete download. After downloading all files, while opening the file it becomes corrupt and restarts the download, process repeats itsself several times, and after multiple attempts)

- Called HP Support, unsuccessful

- Potentially 40+ restarts

Any help would be greatly apprecaited. I need a second screen aside from my laptop screen to work efficiently and I've been messing with this problem for multiple months now and am about fed up. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@andyhjunkmail

Welcome to HP Community

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

What should other users do when faced with the same problem?

I have Pavilion 15-cs1xxx and can't force to display he image from my laptop on external monitors - the laptop understands that an external monitor is connected and the monitor understands that it is connected to the laptop, but no image is displayed.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.