Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0040nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ı bought thıs laptop 2 month ago . when ı open thıs laptop ıts fan  workıng full speed . but ı didnt open powerful games . when ı  only watcing vıdeo  ın youtube  my laptop fan workıng fast speed . ıts cpu  became very hot evey tıme . when ı am playıng cs go ıts freeze sudenly. ı wait a bıt but ıts not answer anythıng . ctr+alt+del  ......  how can ı sole thıs problem . ı thınk problem is   cpu cooler gel . what do you thıng ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @rmzn

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the fan issue. 

Let's try these steps - 

Step 1 Adjust the computer power settings -

1) Turn on the computer.
2) In Windows, search for and open Control panel.
3) In the Control Panel search field, type power options, and then select Power Options from the list.

4) Click Change plan settings.

5) Click Change advanced power settings.
6) Click the drop-down menu, and then select Power saver.

7) Select Sleep from the list, and then click Sleep after and Hibernate after to open each setting.

😎 Decrease the amount of time for each setting to reduce unnecessary strain on the fans when the computer is not being used.
9) Click OK to save the changes.
10) Restart the computer.

Step 2 Increase the efficiency to reduce heat -

The computer works harder and generates more heat when multiple applications are open at the same time or while playing graphically intense video games. Use the following tips to improve computer efficiency:

• Change which applications run when Windows starts by using the Startup tab in Task Manager.

• Close applications when you are done using them.

• Close the internet browser when you are not using it.

• Lower the game resolution and decrease the graphics settings if the computer becomes warmer than usual while playing.

Also, try updating the BIOS and graphics driver from this link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.