Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Product Number: 8WL75AV with a  USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C i/o port.  I was told when researching it that this port did everything but charge.  I'd like to confirm that it is compatible with VGA and HDMI  displays, audio and ethernet.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ddinnsen 

What is your machine ? Product 8WL75AV is invalid

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=8WL75AV

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Here is what my HP dashboard says about it: 

HP Pavilion x360 Laptop - 14t-dh200 CTO
Serial number: [Personal info removed]
Product number:8WL75AV

HP Recommended

@ddinnsen 

It is a CTO machine, we won't have its specs but it should have same ports of the following machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06617374

And it has 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate port which is for Data Transfer only.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, but does data transfer mean it will work with VGA and HDMI  displays, audio and ethernet signals which could be considered data?  Another way to ask is if it works with a USB docking station like the HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2.  I suppose another way to verify is if the  USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C i/o port supports the DisplayPort™ Alt mode protocol.

HP Recommended

@ddinnsen wrote:

Yes, but does data transfer mean it will work with VGA and HDMI  displays, audio and ethernet signals which could be considered data?

@ddinnsen 

Are you sure ? Did you try that ?

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.