08-03-2011 02:50 PM
Shutdown the notebook. Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu. Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the details of any error messages.
If both the above tests pass, try the following.
From the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'. In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.
sfc /scannow ( note that there is a space between sfc and the / )
Let the process complete, then type exit and hit enter.
Next, click the Start Menu, click Computer, left click Local Disc C once to highlight it, right click Local Disc C and select Properties. Click the Tools tab and then click the button to 'Check the Drive for Errors'. In the following window make sure both boxes are ticked and then click Start. Part of this process will require a restart to check the drive.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)