Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
g7-1269nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I appreciate all the help and ideas I've received but still have  one more issue. Following up on this notebook having download issues with the switchable graphics driver problem.  Got this thing to the point where I have ruled out board being bad, I think, and when I download driver, actually have a good picture but, still makes it crash, works in safe mode with networking. Now the only problem is, it says driver is not compatible with Aero, which from what I can tell, it obviousy is. Can't get this to run in Windows normally but, am guessing that there is a setting I need to adjust and/or, if I could run the Expierience, it would fix itself. Have spent many hours on this but, believe I'm making progress. Any ideas or insites would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@junkydave

We appreciate your expertise and efforts in diagnosing the issue. As suggested earlier, it's best if you take it to a local computer store where they can interchange parts and narrow down the issue.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @junkydave, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have display issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your laptop?

As you mentioned you have graphics driver issues and you are getting an error driver is not compatible with Aero on your PC.

I have checked the specifications of your PC and your laptop was not shipped with a discrete graphics card.

Your laptop was shipped with an integrated graphics card of Intel HD Graphics.

Refer the product specification page of your laptop for more information. Link: https://hp.care/2F6byKw

Try the steps recommended below.

Go to control panel>display>screen resolution> advanced settings>under adapter tab click on "List all mode"> select the best suited resolution with 32 bit depth.

1. Click Start, type aero in the Start Search box, and then click Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects.

AERO TS

2. A wizard window opens. Click Advanced if you want the problem fixed automatically, and then click Next to continue.

Wizard window

3. If the problem is automatically fixed, the window borders are translucent.

If the problem is not fixed or if you want to see the details, click View detailed information to see a report. 

View detailed information

Try uninstalling the graphics from device manager.

Hold Windows key + Letter R key.
Run dialog box would open type devmgmt.msc
Device manager window will open.
Expand Display adapter and right-click Intel graphics adapter and click uninstall.

And restart your PC.

Download and install the latest version of Intel graphics driver from this link: https://hp.care/2J9ZV7V

Also, update the BIOS on your PC using this link: https://hp.care/2F56HJO

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for reply. Don't know if there is any hope for this notebook. Story is, bought it used and didn't charge, determined motherboard was bad and it was. I ordered the same number motherboard for it and I know the old one had AMD graphics. I suspect now that someone had already switched out motherboard. Anyway, this notebook now thinks it's a g6-1234so. Added ram, upgraded CPU. Graphics wouldn't work properly. Tried fresh install of Win 7, no help. Installed SSD hardrive with another fresh install, same problem, but gave an error about c++2010, so uninstalled newer versions of c++ and tried download, error gone but crashes the same as before. The motherboard I ordered is listed as 1 used in my laptop. I've gotten to a point where picture is pretty good without drivers but would be nice to be able to install the graphics. Maybe it just won't work on this laptop and will have to order another board.
HP Recommended

@junkydave, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you have replaced the system board on your PC.

Please update the graphics driver and BIOS from the links below.

Update the graphics driver using this link: https://hp.care/2K5imvR

Also, update the BIOS using this link: https://hp.care/2F56HJO

Please find the list of system board part number which is tested and tried from HP.

● For use in Intel HM55 UMA computer models 636370-001 ● For use in Intel HM65 UMA computer models 636373-001 ● For use in Intel HM55 6470 discrete, 512 MB, computer models 636371-001 ● For use in Intel HM55 6470 discrete, 1 GB, computer models 636372-001 ● For use in Intel HM65 6470 discrete, 512 MB, computer models 636374-001 ● For use in Intel HM65 6470 discrete, 512 MB, BACO, computer models 650198-001 ● For use in Intel HM65 6470 discrete, 1 GB BACO, computer models 650199-001 ● For use in Intel HM65 6470 discrete, 1 GB, computer models 636375-001

Refer the laptop user guide for more information. Link: https://hp.care/2nrE6HQ

Note: Refer page 22 for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I might have to take notebook apart yet again to check # but I installed #650199-001. Was a reconditioned board but, should be compatible.
HP Recommended

@junkydave

It looks like you were interacting with MrRobot, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

This seems be a compatibility issue with the Graphics card.

Since you have already spent alot replacing multiple parts, at this point, I suggest you contact a Local computer store before you replace any other parts and they will be able to help you narrow down the issue.

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate response. now back to suspecting motherboard. This is not first build and wanted to get feedback and I got it, thanks. the board is listed as compatible and doesn't work. Something I've also noticed is that even though settings should turn off/sleep laptop, that doesn't work either. Really appreciate all the help. Don't know everything but, know alot.

HP Recommended

@junkydave

We appreciate your expertise and efforts in diagnosing the issue. As suggested earlier, it's best if you take it to a local computer store where they can interchange parts and narrow down the issue.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.