Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

green light flashing on caps lock and no screen

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My daughters laptop will not start up.  Not sure if it's a screen issue or something else.  When you power it on you can hear it running and the power button lights up but nothing happens.  There is a green light flashing on the caps lock but that is all we get.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19355 19312 1258 2025
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

green light flashing on caps lock and no screen

Hi @lobbster96,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand the computer is not booting into the windows anymore,

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the sequence of the blinks? (Example: 3 blinks and then pause 3 blinks again, in a loop)

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Please click on the below links once you identify the blink code and resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation