Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion TS 11 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP pavilion TS 11 notebook PC (E3Z77EA#ABH),

this morning i started it up, and worked perfectly,

while it was loading half my screen was suddenly white, first i waited but nothing happend,

then i tried to restart my laptop and then there were some thick black stripes(see photo)(the white dot in the center is not actually  visible on my screen, that is from the camera)(the white dot in the center is not actually visible on my screen, that is from the camera)

(these stripes sometimes appear in a different pattern after i restart it)

I already connected an external monitor, and that worked just fine.

how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MAARTENBEUTE

Check-in BIOS mode- tap on F10 repeatedly during a restart and it should enter BIOS mode, see if the lines appear in BIOS mode.

If yes, it is a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MAARTENBEUTE

Check-in BIOS mode- tap on F10 repeatedly during a restart and it should enter BIOS mode, see if the lines appear in BIOS mode.

If yes, it is a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.