Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
jfm1988 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hinges breaking notebook HP ENVY TouchSmart 17

HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j023cl N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It seems that there is a quality issue with hinges on the notebook computers.  My husband and I both have HP envy 17 and the hinges are crumbling.  Pieces are breaking off and some are falling into the computers.  My fan started making noise and had error issues related. Took computer apart to clean out small pieces of the hinge.  Working again but still crumbling. 

Our family has 5 notebook computers and all were HP.  Breaking hinges has now happened to 4 out of the 5 notebooks. Other than this issue we have been happy with HP but this is a big enough issue our HP loyalty is at stake. Our computers are not in warranty anymore but this seems to be a quality build issue.  Is HP doing anything to fix this? What can I do to extend the life of my notebook?  Can you send replacement hinges (even offer at low cost)  and a video upload on how to fix? Will you stand behind your product?  

1 REPLY
16514 215 879
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hinges breaking notebook HP ENVY TouchSmart 17

@jfm1988

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation