Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example:HP Notebook - 17-by2631ng

Hello, i have a new laptop and can´t find under "System" the ELAN Function to deactivate my touchpad permanent.

Is there somebody who can help me? It is the Notebook 17-by2631ng

thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@verena120776
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Click Start, and then type mouse in the search field.
  2. Click Change your mouse settings.
  3. Click Additional mouse options.
  4. In Mouse Properties, click the TouchPad tab. ...
  5. Uncheck Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad. ...
  6. Click Apply, and then click OK.

Click here:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03882926 to know how to Disable the "Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad" Feature.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.