Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello!

How do I calibrate color on hp pavilion g7-2202 with windows 10?  I am a photographer with limited funds so I cannot buy a dedicated monitor yet.  I would like to get the best colors possible before it goes to print.  I have had prints come back that do not look anything like the monitor.  This makes it difficult for post production.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Brenvon62,

Color calibration is already done by Windows on laptops but if you still want to calibrate then follow the step

1. Click on Start
  2. Search "Control Panel"
  3. Click on appearence and personalisation
  4. Click on Display
  5. In left column click on the option Calibrate color
  6. Follow on-screen instructions

Hope this helps! Please mark this as an answer if this helps and kudos will be appriciated.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Brenvon62,

Color calibration is already done by Windows on laptops but if you still want to calibrate then follow the step

1. Click on Start
  2. Search "Control Panel"
  3. Click on appearence and personalisation
  4. Click on Display
  5. In left column click on the option Calibrate color
  6. Follow on-screen instructions

Hope this helps! Please mark this as an answer if this helps and kudos will be appriciated.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  The colors do not match what I get back from the printer.  I will try the method you suggested and let you know if it helps.

Thanks again, Brenda

HP Recommended

Hi!

I gave it a try.  The only thing I couldn't do was contrast as I cannot find that function.  The contrast looks pretty accurate, though.  The gray balance was off--too blue--so hopefully this will help!

Thanks again~~Brenda

HP Recommended

Good to hear that the procedure helped. To switch to high contrast you can do the following procedure:

1. Go to Start
  2. Search Control Panel and open it
  3.  Go to Appearence and Personalisation
  4. Go to Personalisation
  5. Scroll down in Themes
  6. Under High Contrast Themes select one

Hope this helps you even more. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.