03-08-2011 08:43 PM
I connected my laptop to an external monitor HDTV and when I connected the RGB cable to the laptop and the TV I got the message do you want both displays or external to show all (something like that) anyrate I selected show all on external. So then my laptop screen goes blank and I cannot see anything on my external moniter either as it comes up invalid format. Thing is I want to set my laptop screen dual display to show on both so that it does not black out when I connect the RGB cable so that I can troubleshoot why it is not appearing on my HDTV.
Does this make sense? Running Vista on my laptop which I do not like by the way but that is the IS that is in this thing.
Please help very frustrated at this point.
12-05-2011 07:32 PM
When I originally set to external only it was a popup option for nvidia display options. I can't find it again. The control panel options don't have the same choices. I just hooked up a computer monitor and it shows split screen, both monitors working. Identifying monitors, laptop #2 and monitor #1. I hooked it back up to the tv and immediately the tv turned on with invalid format. Identifying monitors when unplugged from tv obviously shows #1, but laptop is still blank when plugged into tv. Im rambling but any advice would be great
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)