Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

since i have upgraded to windows 10, i m not able to adjust my laptops screen brightness cause i m not getting the option to adjust screen brightness, nor the screen brightness up and down buttons are working. Also i have updated the graphic adapter and still the condotion is same...no change!!

plz someone give me the solution to get rid of this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fixed this on my Envy 15 j151sa - 

Settings > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties

Then Properties > Driver Tab > Update Driver button.

Voila!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

You can do it by clicking the notification icon

bandicam 2015-08-05 19-51-52-840.jpg

or From All settings>>System>>Display>>Brightness Level

Capturde.PNG

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2015-08-05 20.14.29.pngScreenshot 2015-08-05 20.14.39.pngScreenshot 2015-08-05 20.15.28.png

HP Recommended

Could you re install tha Graphics Driver?

HP Recommended

I fixed this on my Envy 15 j151sa - 

Settings > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties

Then Properties > Driver Tab > Update Driver button.

Voila!

HP Recommended

me also have the same problem i work it out all methods but i can't get brightness icon or slider please help me

HP Recommended

I received an update for BIOS. After doing that, I started facing this issue. I have updated the Graphics Card, but still facing the same issue as described in this post. Can somebody please help.

HP Recommended

having the same problem, nothing seems to be working....

graphic card is updated and cant find a brightness adjustment anywhere...

HP Recommended

I cannot change the brightness of my screen ever since I updated to windows 10....andthis thread indicated that this issue was solved but really it has not been.  Can anyone actually provide a solution to this problem?

HP Recommended

Go into AMD Catalyst control center by going to Display settings--Advanced Display Settings--Display Adaptor Properties ...When the that pops click the tab that says AMD Catalyst Control Center.  At this point click on Desktops and Displays --Desktop Management--Desktop Color

Capture.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.