Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I has worked in the past but has quit working.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system is installed on this model and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

[Personal Information Removed]

My Product # is LW174UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi,

Check the links below:

Fixing Webcam Problems in Windows

Testing a Webcam using Your Favorite Instant Messenger

Ps.

Latest software for webcam: MediaSmart Webcam here (version 4.2.3303  for 32/64 bit Win7).

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

i just brought my laptop april 6 n today is the 9th n my web cam just stop working completely. i think they should recall these laptops. im even think of writing dre to let him know that the product that he has his name on is a piece of crap.

HP Recommended

@CapriceB24

Hi,

Check the links below:

Fixing Webcam Problems in Windows

Testing a Webcam using Your Favorite Instant Messenger

HP Recommended

need to turn of the web cam video and sound on hp pravilliion

HP Recommended

Hello gypsieE,

For assisting you with turning off the WebCam on your Pavilion computer, I would need to know a bit more information first. What is the full model number of your notebook? I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'. Also what is the version of Windows that you are running? I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.