Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp 15af008ur, caps lock blinking and screen is black, i just can't turn it

HP Recommended
hp 15af008ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i tried some tips from YouTube but nothin helps, earlier i had some battery problems but i don't think that could be reason of not working monitor, caps lock is blinking one time every 3-4 seconds 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,511 6,513 256 400
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@skarek Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you have an HP 15 series laptop and it does not boot to Windows. The display is black and the caps lock light blinks (1 blink after a few seconds). 

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any hardware changes take place on the laptop recently?
  • Did any software changes or updates happen?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then please perform the steps mentioned under "Step 1: Recover the BIOS using a key press combination" from this HP document

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation