Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp probook 450 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so i have a problem with my touchpad. and i know you guys will probably say "check to see if it's disabled", but in this case it's different. when i boot up my laptop, right after the hp logo screen (and before windows even loads up), it says "F1 to continue or F10 for BIOS setup". and everytime, this screen pops up, the touchpad won't work. and if i press F10, the touch pad won't work in BIOS. basically, the touchpad idn't detected by the BIOS. in windows, there is no way to disable an enable the touchpad. there is no enable/disable option in device manager for the touchpad. there hasn't been any spills or breadcrums or...i think it is a hardware failure, but i am not sure. i think it is more of a "power not getting to the touchpad" failure. and btw, is there anyway to forcibly launch the synaptics touchpad program in windows?

and this might seem strange, but the touchpad stopped working after i did this:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

(i was trying to fix involving idevices stopping my usb ports from working)

after that, i told me my computer needed to restart and after i restarted my laptop, the touchpad stopped working.i did the troubleshooting again and it told me i needed to restart my computer again. after restarting, the touchpad was still not working. this is strange as even if the troubleshooter did some modifications to the touhpad's software and driver on windows, the touchpad should still be working in the BIOS, right?

please help me fix this problem (and if possible, without bringing the laptop to the repair place)

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

same problem I am facing but the difference is: 

I had problem in running game ranger so I was installing drivers and my touchpad has stopped working.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem, since I updated to windows 10. Previous windows10 was crashing due to dual graphics adapters "AMD Gaming Radeon" and after that touchpad completely gone. Even in Bios it does not work. Same symptons as u listed above. Please let me know if at any time u get it repaired

HP Recommended

I think HP has to consider this. The HP ProBook 450G1 needs BIOS update or revision.  They must address the problem and issue Bios Update or revision.

HP Recommended

Same. 450g1. Tried everything.... 

Updated all drivers

Uninstalled then Reinstalled all drivers

Updated Bios

Rolledback Bios to default

Took it apart to make sure connection wasn't loose

Upgraded to windows 10

Ran it in safe mode

Tried drivers for other HP models

Trackpad works from anywhere from 10 seconds to 20 minutes at a time and then doesn't work for anywhere between 10 minutes and 12 hours. If I restart it comes back on for maybe a minute. Clearly either a driver issue or hardware defect. Second HP Probook model I've had a problem with, both bought new. First one was an HP 4520s, cost $1200 aannddd itttt tyyyyyped evvveeerything liiiike thisss

HP Recommended
The latest bios version 1.41 has also not solved the problem.
HP Recommended

Hi there, Is anyone solved the problem of HP probook 450 G1 touchpad in windows 10.  Since, I took latest updates of windows 10 and display drivers, my touchpad is gone.  No working in bios too. I used UFI to hardware, in this it shows a mouse but pointer do not move. In windows 10 I have installed the latest drivers available of touchpad site, but it also does make the touch pad to work.

Any idea how to get it repaired.  

HP Recommended

Have the same problem as in the first message, how to solve it?!?!

HP Recommended

I've the same problem !!! 

I've installed windows 10 x64bit like everyone on this planet!!! after one day it stopped working! 

And I don't know what's going on!!!!! 

I've tried all the drivers on the world and FAILED!!! .. 

**bleep** is wrong with HP?!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.