Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp 9470m external monitor distortion

9470m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

In my company we have Hp 9470m Laptops.

We have noticed some problems regarding the external screen showing some light distortion in a verity of screen types.

If I use the DP port it will be O.K but via VGA the problem remains.

Using different laptop on the same screen will show a clean picture with no distortion, so the problem is from the HP 9470m.

What can I do?

Is this issue is something familiar?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
36494 5481 9406
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What Windows version? And are you connecting the VGA directly to the laptop or to a docking station? If you have the choice to use DP, why use VGA? Your choice, but I am just trying to get a picture of the whole issue. 

0 Kudos
gtaboy34 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

The laptops are used by workers who are going to clients and using the external screens the client is providing, and most of the time it will be a VGA only type of screen.

And if there a problem with the graphic card on this laptop with the VGA port , it's not OK to just tell me.to use a DP port.

If the problem where only on laptop.... but the fact the same thing are happening in 40% of the 9470m laptops is strange... and I am hoping to recover a good solution regarding this issue.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
36494 5481 9406
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So we have a variety of field personell who are hooking the laptops to random screens provided by customers in a variety of settings so some are old, some are newer, most are VGA. 

We here at the Forum do not work for HP we are fellow end users so you have to cut us a break...we are curious about the problem and hope to help. I said it was your choice to use vga or dp and was just trying to understand why you would use vga if there was a choice and now you have explained. I did not tell you to use DP, for the record. No need to be thin-skinned we are all in this together. 

Please describe the distortion you are getting. Have you actually seen it or are you going by reports from the field? 

0 Kudos
gtaboy34 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I apologize for the way my response sounded.
English is not my mother language so again I apologize.

The distortion is like a tiny pixels are jumping on the screen.

You need to take a close look at the screen to see this and it is the most noticeable on white and brown background.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation