07-05-2020 04:02 PM
@JR103 Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:
- If not done already, check if it works fine on the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
- If it works fine on the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart) it's a software issue & I suggest attaching an alternate monitor to your device and creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters)
- However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.
While you respond to that, I have a few more steps that should help:
Perform a power reset (no data loss) using these steps: Click here, proceed to next step if this works
Attempt to run a test from the HP hardware diagnostic tool, using this link: Click here for details.
If the issue appears on the diagnostics, it could again, determine a hardware failure,
If they don't appear on bios & the hardware tests passed: please update the BIOS & Chip-set drivers from the HP website using this link: Click here
if the issue persists, reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue,
use this link for details on performing the recovery: Click here
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
07-06-2020 06:44 PM
@JR103 In that case, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:
1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!
Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from,
here's how private messages work: Click here for details.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee