Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salamkaratt
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp envy 17 3D laptop switchable graphic card always running onboard graphics and not rendering 3D

hp envy 17 3000 cto 3D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my hp envy 17 3d laptop always running on onboard graphics despite trying to switch to amd radeon graphics card many times and hence unable to select 120 hz display or watch blu ray 3d movies in 3D

my hp envy dispay is 3D 120 hz refresh rate display, but in the display setting it only shows 60 hz and the computer is not rendering 3D

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,382 2,193
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp envy 17 3D laptop switchable graphic card always running onboard graphics and not rendering 3D

Hi @salamkaratt,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having an issue with the display using switchable graphics on your HP notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

In the meantime let's try these steps here:

Update the Bios, Chipset drivers as well as graphics card driver from our HP Support website, using this link.

For more details, please click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation