Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

Hp Envy J133TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Laptop display is not Working properly , it works fine with external monitor. laptop  screen goes black when i try to use windows, but display work ok when i watch any youtube video on fullscreen. I have changed my laptop display

DO ANY ONE KNOW WHATS THE PROBLEM ?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

Hi@Ravi9910,

Thanks for choosing HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Display issue. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you try to update the driver from the below link and check if that fixes the issue.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71979.exe

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

the Problem isnt solved .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

Hi@Ravi9910,

I thank you for the reply.

Are you not able to see anything when you try using Windows? Please elaborate the issue for a more accurate solution.

Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

when i am on desktop i can see display but as soon as i open any thing like chrome , my files , or right click menu the screen goes black and when i close the display come back, right now i am using external monitor and everyrhing is working fine on external monitor . safe mode is not working as the display goes black,  this problem started after i installed a custom theme using  ux theme and a windows dark theme .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

Hi@Ravi9910,

Try uninstalling the theme as it might be causing conflict with the display driver.

I think that will take care of the issue you have. Use the steps below to remove that app.

To uninstall programs, to go Settings.

• On the Start menu select Settings.
  • Select System > Apps & features.
  • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
  • Follow the directions on the screen.

Hope it helps.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

thanks for trying to help but i already reset the pc and reinstalled windows but the problem is not solved.  Is my gpu damaged or motherboard?  i can use the graphic card on external display

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

Hi@Ravi9910,

I recommend you try the diagnostic on the PC and check if that finds any hardware issue on the GPU.

Use the link below to perform the diagnostics.

http://hp.care/2eOxnlc

let me know how it goes.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

Hi can you answer my question. If my laptop is working fine with external monitor and not laptop display (inbuilt display) then is there problem with motherboard? Or graphic card. I am also doubtful that it can be laptop connector
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop display issue

Hi@Ravi9910,

Then, it’s the internal screen/display that has gone bad and not the motherboard.

I recommend you to reach phone support for any warranty related support options.

Use the link below to reach Phone support.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation