Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 15 TS Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi i am trying to mirror my laptop with my firestick, but my laptop cannot find my firestick when i use connect.

can anyone help please.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dennis80 You may want to contact firestick support for information on how to connect it to your laptop, that said, here's a few things I found related to this topic, to help you out:

On your Fire TV Stick

On the main page, hold down the Home button on your remote. This will bring up options for Sleep, Mirroring and Settings.

• Click Mirroring and your Fire TV Stick will wait for a device to connect to it.
  • Note: You may need to redo this procedure if the Fire TV Stick gives up looking for a device before you've set up your computer.
  • On your Windows 10 laptop
  • On the bottom right corner of the screen you’ll find a Notification icon. Click this.
  • Select Connect.

When your Amazon Fire TV Stick pops up, click it. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you’ve selected the mirroring option on your Fire TV Stick.

If the mirrored screen is too small you may need to change resolution on your laptop. To do this you’ll need to right click on your desktop, then select Graphics Properties.

The menu you see may look different depending on the model of your laptop, but you should see a Display option. Select this and you should be able to change your resolution to 1280 x 720.

If you’re still having trouble, you may need to update your drivers.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help ive done all this already also updated all drivers  and both devices but using connect on laptop doesnt pick up firestick. Everything needed is switched on and enabled on both devices.

HP Recommended

@Dennis80 Have you contacted the firestick support as well? If yes, what did they suggest? there's only so much I can support you with because I'm not trained on the fire-stick, as long as the USB ports are working, it's not an HP laptop issue, its to do with the settings on the firestick, hence I would requested you to check with them for more details on how to connect it to your device.

I hope that helps!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.