Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 360 convertible 14-ba2xx

I got HP pen  SPS#846410-001 for Pavilion 360 convertible 14-ba2xx. It is connected through bluetooth with top button working to capture screenshot and etc. While there is no reaction when touch screen/draw, nor with upper or lower button. I cannot find any pen compatibility info on Pavilion 360 convertible 14-ba2xx.  Is this pen or any pen work with this model? Or somehow the pen setup wasn't completed?? Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi Sab0919,

Expand Consumer computers compatible with HP pens and styluses

HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@Star_Fox
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • Is this first time your using HP pen on this laptop? 
  • What is the operating system?

While you respond to that, let's try this workaround: Download and install the System BIOS Update for HP Pavilion 14-ba200 x360 Convertible PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks but on the link you provided,  I cannot find compatible pen SPS# for Pavilion 360 convertible 14-ba2xx. Neither can I find the SPS#846410 pen on the list. 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I have got system bois update and the hp pen control app, also pared the pen SPS#846410 with HP Pavilion 14-ba200 x360 Convertible PC through bluetooth . When I double clicked on the pen cap it sucessfully captured screenshot. But work on touchscreen - write, click, draw, etc. 

As I cannot find neither HP Pavilion 14-ba200 x360 Convertible PC nor pen SPS#846410 on HP support link concerning pen compatibility, I would like to first of all verify if the pen is actually compatible with the PC, then find out what I need to do to get it work... hopefully.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@SAB0919

passive stylus (also known as a capacitive stylus) functions the same as your finger on the screen. Passive styluses do not require batteries, do not have any configurable options, and do not have specific pen software. Passive styluses work on any touch screen device. Click here to know more about Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The pen has battery. 

HP Recommended

@SAB0919
Only passive styluses do not require batteries and it works on any touch screen device same as your finger on the screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why is it so hard to answer the question?  It is just a simple yes it is or no it isn't compatible with pens.

HP Recommended

Indeed. Apparently they cannot give you a straight forward answer to this yes or no question. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.