06-20-2014 08:48 AM
- Product Name: Probook 4540s (Laptop)
- A short description of the problem : After logging on, screen blinking untill log off or shutdown.
- Product Name and Operating System: Probook 4540s / Windows 7 64bit
- Historical Problems: 2 times virus attacks
- Consequence: complete format as I wasn't able to use the backup copy of my original Win 8
- Machine was originally supported by windows 8
- Antivirus Legally installed: Bitdefender
- Description of the problem:
- After 2nd virus attack I installed bitdefender successfully
- I had problem configuring video controller (VGA compatible) but each time the driver wasn't compatible
- Machine was stable but after couple windows updates and restart screen blinked continuously after log on until logging out.
- I checked the machine behaviour after doing the following events but problem remains:
- Disconnecting power supply and reboot.
- Disconnecting battery and reboot.
- Reset the bois to default setting and reboot.
- Try to uninstall updates through safe mode but was unsuccessful.
06-23-2014 11:47 AM - last edited on 03-07-2017 11:10 AM by OscarFuentes
To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at Commercial Forums. You could do a system restore. It would reset the update that has caused issues.
I work on behalf of HP