Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
crounds Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp spectre X360 15" dual display

HP spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just purchased a new Spectre X360 15T. I'm hoping to run two monitors. I'd like to plug one into the HDMI and one into one of the USBC plugs. This will allows me to keep the laptop plugged in while I'm at my desk. I'm hoping to use a USBC to HDMI cable like this one: https://www.amazon.com/CHOETECH-Thunderbolt-Compatible-MacBook-ChromeBook/dp/B01LYS3Q5A/ref=sr_1_3?s...

Is there any reason this shouldn't work? Anybody have any experience on this?

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37074 5595 9643
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been using USB-C to DP and USB-C to HDMI with a Spectre 13-v. Of those the USB-C to DP works much better but I have a pair of 4k monitors and I think the HDMI will work okay with a FHD.

You can actually drive a pair of HDMI connections from a single USB-C port:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Thunderbolt-Compatible-Supports-monitors/dp/B01F80TRPA/ref=sr_1_2?ie...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
crounds Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. That's one very good option -- a little more pricey than just the USB-C to HDMI cable, but doable. I'm just curious whehter you can use the USBC as a displayport and also the HDMI at the same time -- it really seems like you should be able to, but before buying the cable, I'd like confirmation.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37074 5595 9643
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well my Spectre 13t-v series ("world's thinnest) ONLY has USB-C ports and I have not actually used the dual display adapter but two USB-C to DP adapters at the same time. I also own a USB-C to HDMI and USB-C to VGA. I would wager you can use the HDMI port and the USB-C port to drive monitors at the same time and also probably use the laptop screen, too. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation