Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp spectre x360 cracked screen

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4128tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Opened my laptop and the screen is cracked.  It has been in its case all night and wasnt moved so i can only assume that the damage occured from taking it home. At no point was it dropped or hit. 

I called hp and sent a photo they told me that the screen isnt covered and i have to send it to singapore to be fixed.

This was a very expensive purchase for me and i expected a more durable screen.  From what i have read on the forums it seems a lot of the screens are cracking and it is a defective screen issue.

Can you please arrange to have this fixed ASAP under warranty.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,110 17,634 1,281 1,921
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @MatthewC1, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Regards 

Chetan

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MatthewC1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but i have had nothing but bad experiences with you HP support team.

They are claiming that it is physical damage (which i agree with) but the damage was caused under normal use and should therefore be covered by the warranty.

I will be taking this matter to consumer affairs to have it dealt with correctly.

It is a shame because it is a nice looking laptop but for the amount paid it hasnt been a good purchase.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation