Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp23xi monitor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

How do I reset an hp23xi monitor to unlock "OSD Locked" message? the screen is rolling and flashing and has horizontal and vertical lines.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9281 9261 632 612
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp23xi monitor

@BBKS

I suggest you follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01932183 for OSD Lockout Messages

If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
BBKS Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp23xi monitor

thanks. that cured the OSD locked problem. I still cannot stop the constant rolling of the screen. What controls slow and stop the vertical scroll of the screen.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9281 9261 632 612
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp23xi monitor

@BBKS

Have you tried the Monitor with another Computer to checking it's a Monitor or Computer issue?

Tried resetting the Monitor back to Factory Settings using the OSD Menu

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
BBKS Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp23xi monitor

I have connected the monitor to two other computers and swapped VGA connectors. I tried to reset to factory settings. It is difficult to see if is worked as the screen is rolling too fast to see whether the commands were accepted or not. 

Thanks for your assistance.  I think we are getting closer.

BBKS

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1816 1807 151 151
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp23xi monitor

@BBKS

This looks like a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer/computer. 

Hope this helps! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation