10-21-2012 05:06 PM
Brand new Pavillion dv6. Cyberlink YouCam reports that a camera not detected. It came loaded from the factory.
System also reported a problem with a usb port. System shows 6 usb devices, but only have 4 external. Is camera attached to an internal usb port or is usb error unrelated secondary problem?
10-21-2012 06:43 PM
Yes, the internal camera is connected to the USB bus, I believe the fingerprint sensor is the other device attached. Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly. Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)