Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

i cant watch movies on my laptop!!!!!

i want to be able to watch movies on my laptop but i cant.

when i put the disk in it used to come up with "what do you want to do with this disk" and it would never load and it wanted me to download a app to play the movie.

i just tried to play a movie on my laptop but when i put the dsk in nothing happened, so i went it files and my laptop started loading really fast and making lots of noise. when i went into the DVD file in files the only thing that came up was audio and video. i clicked on video but it came up with a whole bunch of other files and when i click on the first on nothing happened.

it would be really awesome if you can help me solve this problem.

Cheers,

Grace

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (90 Views)

Re: i cant watch movies on my laptop!!!!!

HI @gracechov,

Welcome to the HP Forum! :) It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More . When posting it is important to include your precise model of HP notebook and the operating system you are running to help us to help you. What is your model of HP notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?. What operating system are you running?

When you tried to play the movie and you saw the option to download a program, what was the program? If you are running Windows 8 or 10 as they don't include built- in support for playing DVDs, you may need to install a program. For troubleshooting purposes, I will assume that you are running Windows.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

This link may help in the meantime. HP Notebook PCs - Playing DVD or BLU-Ray Movies with PowerDVD.

I will wait for your reply.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs Up Icon”.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation