Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 6460B
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a 6460B for DJ'ing purposes. It has a Intel HD Graphics 3000 Sandy Bridge Graphics system. Apparently there are issues with this graphics system, a bug which Intel has never fixed. I quote from the software manufacturer I am looking at using;

"WARNING! Some variants of the Intel HD Graphics Device have a known bug within the associated device drivers that may cause serious instability issues (crashes) while attempting to playback videos utilizing DirectShow video playback technology. If you intend to utilize CompuHost on a computer that incorporates such a device we strongly recommend that you first install the Evaluation version and give it a thorough test drive to ensure reliability prior to purchase!"

Apparently this issue is somewhat widespread in the Intel HD Graphics line, regardless of dual monitor use or not as the DirectShow failure is apparent on even single screen use. The screen flickers constantly or just doesn't show any images. Is Intel planning on correcting this error? It can be seen in Compuhost, any version and Swift Elite V4.

The laptop has 4gb RAM and a 500gb hard drive. I should also add that although failures are different, the failure of the HD 3000 is consistent when it comes to DirectShow. The Laptop is running the most recent BIOS F63a and I did the F61 to update the video firmware. The problem was present before F61, during F61 and after F61, and F63. Obviously this problem has not been addressed by Intel during the life of the product.

Cheers - Dave

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.