Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-06-2021 06:21 AM
i have recently bought this laptop, i can find the setting to keep brightness high even if not plugged it. i looked everywhere but cant find anywhere where i can change setting so that screen does not dim from full brightness when not plugged in.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-09-2021 02:18 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
Follow these settings change the settings:-
1. Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel
2. In the Control Panel, go to Power Options
3. After the Power Options window pops up, click on Change Plan Settings to look at your current power plan
4. Choose the option to Change advanced power settings located at the bottom of the window. This will open up the Advanced Power Options window
5. Scroll down to the Display options and change the required settings.
6. Choose to turn on or turn off this feature for both when it’s on battery power and when the computer is plugged in
7. Save the settings through clicking Apply and then OK.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
03-10-2021 04:15 AM
thats my problem, i havent got the options to select. on display is just gives option for screen turning of. i looked everywhere im an IT engineer but i could not find anywhere for btightness. could it be a setting within processor as it has integrated graphics?
03-12-2021 06:07 AM
We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.
I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.