Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: HP Pavillion

How do I get my keyboard to revert back  to normal it currently is typing 2 characters on ome letters like o ,i ,p j, and k

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LAALA

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number to assist you better.

And the operating system of your notebook.

Try using a different USB keyboard and check if it works?

Check if it happens on Command prompt from recovery mode.

1.) Turn off the computer.
2.) Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.
3.) Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.
4.) Under I'd like to identify any problems, click on Run Computer Checkup.
5.) Now select the radial button next to Open a Command Prompt and then click on next.
6.) In the Command Prompt Windows please type and check the functionality of all the keys if not then it's for sure hardware issue.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.