Product: HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have this problem that my USB mouse woke up my laptop with the lid close. I had bad experience with this feature and laptop is ON in my laptop bag when i expect it to sleep. I have been practice this close the lid to sleep since windows 7 era. I have been using Dell, MacBook without problems but this new HP happens to wake up with lid close. I tried a few combinations and concluded it happens in below situation and need a fix with firmware update before someone fry the laptop in the bag:
- plug-in power
- USB wireless mouse plugged in
- HDMI port is not connected
To test this is by observing the power LED on the keyboard blinking while sleep. Sleeps will trigger when lid is close halfway. While power adaptor still plugged in, touch/move/click USB mouse and it will wake the laptop with lid close. HDMI is NOT plug in.
Imagine this steps... the laptop on the desk with power plugged in,
1. close the lid and get it to sleep
2. go to toilet
3. comes back in 2 minutes later, take the mouse and put into the bag
4. unplug power from the laptop
5. take laptop and put it into the bag
6. after 30 minutes take out laptop from bag and to surprised the laptop is burning hot. The laptop is ON while in the bag...
From this scenario, step # 3 has trigger the laptop to wake up because i have touched the mouse.
It only make sense to wake the laptop when HDMI is plugged in or docked to a docking station. It should keep the laptop asleep as long as the lid is close.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".