cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tkozeluh
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

laptop changes between open windows, suddenly magnifies the windows so the text is huge,

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 m6 convertable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop, without me doing anything, is changing between open windows, suddenly magnifying a page to enormous text, then it goes back to normal. For instance, the first time this happened I was trying to run a search in Chrome, I would type two letters, then the computer would open the "more" (3 dots in the corner) menu, I would close the menu, and try to type again and it would magnify a page or bring up my open word document and magnify that. Then it would go back to normal and back to the browser window I was using.

Today, I was using Word and Zoom and I used the split screen so the Word document was on one side and the Zoom meeting was on the other side. Suddenly the Word went to full screen, magnified the text, before I could do anything, it went back to the split screen. For the rest of the meeting, Zoom went from split screen to full screen and back again without me doing anything. I wasn't even touching the computer.

When I started typing this query, the browser window magnified to huge proportions, and I had to use the zoom function in Chrome to make it smaller so I could see where I was supposed to type.

I hope someone can help me figure out what is going on! Thank you so much for any help you can give.  

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation